Thursday 3 May 2012

I solemnly swear to write more blog posts.

I don't know how I let so much time come between posts. Oh wait, it's because I'm so good at procrastination that I've even managed to start procrastinating my procrastination. Moving on! Exciting things have been happening since I last wrote in/on/to my dear blog.

I'm officially a second year uni student, much excitement! Only three more years to go... Hmm. That seems like an exceptionally long amount of time, when part of me just wants to hurry up and be in the real world already. But the majority of me wants to study diploma after diploma after diploma so I can stay at uni forever. I'm feeling slightly unsatisfied with second year at the moment though. But, I admit, it's slowly getting better. Since starting my Diploma of Language in French I feel a bit more well-rounded in my education, if that makes sense. It's nice to be doing something a bit different from the hardcore biology courses I'm taking, and learn in a different kind of way. It's also a wonderful feeling speaking a different language, even if my pronunciation is terrible at the moment. My main problem? I need to speak it more confidently. But it's something I've wanted to learn for quite a long time and I'm happy to finally be doing it, albeit very slowly. As for my biomed courses, well, let's just say it's causing much confusion in regards to my majors and my future career. At present, I'm really enjoying biochemistry and biomedical science, but don't hold me to that. I'll probably have changed my mind again in a few weeks.

You know what? Having a boyfriend is really nice. Yes, I have somehow managed to get a boyfriend. I make it sound like such an impossible feat, but I thought it was, because I only liked one person who I didn't think liked me back, but he does! Isn't it lovely when things work out like that? But he's lovely, and everything's lovely, and life is just filled with very lovely things that I get to share with someone pretty special. Now, enough sappiness. For now.

I have been acting on my promise to try new things this, for the first year ever. Yes, I do make that same promise to myself every year, but with a little push and new found motivation I have started ballroom dancing lessons. I cannot describe how happy it makes me. It's so nice to find something you genuinely enjoy doing, even if I have only had two lessons (and attended a cabaret in between). I like the way dancing makes me feel; graceful, coordinated, like I can actually move without tripping over my own feet; most of the time anyway, I am yet to get past the stumbling and probably won't for a while.

Other random things that I've enjoyed lately: Nail art, Sherlock Holmes in all his forms (BBC's Sherlock in particular, but I'm getting through the reading list!), cuddles, French films, and pasta! My god I feel like pasta now. Au revoir mes amis. 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment