1. People who say thank you!
A simple thing, really. I'm a big fan of manners and polite people, so at work, when customers say thank you ever so sincerely, it puts a big smile on my face. Especially when children have lovely manners.
2. Polka dots.
3. Green lights all the way home on the bus.
Nothing beats getting home from uni in about 12 minutes flat.
4. New stationery.
This is something that makes me incredibly, disproportionately happy. The crisp, fresh pages of a notebook and a wonderful pen just scream joy to me.
5. Mutual smiling.
6. The cold side of the pillow.
7. Fresh French fries.
8. When people enjoy my baking.
9. Receiving mail!
10. Saying major histocompatibility complex.
11. Sincere apologies.
12. La Valse d'Amelie.
13. Christmas lights.
14. People asking for my advice and following through with it.
15. My second hand books.
16. Soft drinks in glass bottles.
17. Sweet, milky Darjeeling tea.
18. Holding someone's hand.
19. Random Facebook conversations with my crazy friends.
20. Teaching people about biology.
And finally... 21.
There we go, feeling better already.