Saturday 21 May 2011

Heathers


"Heather told me she teaches people 'real life.' She said, real life sucks losers dry. You want to fuck with the eagles, you have to learn to fly. I said, so, you teach people how to spread their wings and fly? She said, yes. I said, you're beautiful."

Heathers. My favourite film of all time. Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, dark humour, 80's fashion and more sarcasm than you can poke a stick at. A movie my father had recommended, I fell in love within the first ten minutes. There's something about it that makes me want to watch it over and over again. Such a quotable movie, see my favourite above. To give you a quick run down, you've got Veronica, a girl who attempts to be part of the in crowd, the Heathers, pretty unenthusiastically. Think of Heather 1, 2 and 3 (Duke, McNamara and Chandler) as every girl you ever hated but wanted to be, combined. Throw in JD, a bad boy with a devious side who works out a way to destroy school politics. Heathers is a film that I giggle at, while feeling guilty for it, and the issue of teenage suicide is addressed in a way that I whole heartedly agree with. Winona Ryder's monotone voice and sarcastic attitude suits the film perfectly, and Christian Slater is definitely nice to look at. For a taste of something different, or even to admire the outfits (scrunchies and blazers galore),  go out and find Heathers. You won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment